Monday, December 27, 2010

the view from my window

[note: another sample of my early efforts at blogging]


i'm back in the office, and every time i pass by the window i get this urge to drop everything and go someplace else where no one knows me and just spend the whole day writing about whatever comes to mind. it gets even worse when i go to the cafeteria or the restroom, where every familiar object reminds me of how much i'm missing. yeah, i know i need a break -- not just some weekend spree to punctuate my weekly routine, i mean a lengthy respite where

i can review what i've done so far, and hopefully, to start missing what i'm doing currently (uh-huh).

don't get me wrong. i still love my work, i'd still prefer it from any other day job i could pick up right now. it's just that i seem to doing the same things forever and my attention span has gone progressively shorter; worse, a few things that never appealed to me before are now beginning to look and sound attractive (aaarrghh!). i think i'm reaching a point where i can no longer recognize myself (which is scary because i've always felt that one of my stronger points was that i knew myself well enough to be comfortable with my off-the-wall quirks and all that stuff).

years ago, i made this pact with myself that, after a certain length of time -- when earning $$ would no longer be a paramount object -- i'd go off somewhere quiet where i could nurture some parts of me (chiefly the creative side, i think) that had been neglected along the way.

maybe i'm fast approaching that point, or maybe i've been too optimistic in thinking that i could just keep these things locked up in a suitcase while i'm off doing other things for awhile...

0 comments:

Post a Comment